Facebook never works with Blokada

To directly help you the best way possible please provide the following information:

1. Where did you download Blokada from?

Samsung App Store- fully updated.

1. Which device do you use? Do you use a custom ROM? Do you know which OS version you are using?

Vanilla S21 Ultra Android 11, Security patch level may 1st 2021, one ui 3.1

1. Please explain the issue as detailed as possible. Also include patterns you observed (like ‘it only happens on wifi’). The more information the better.

Both LTE and Wi-Fi (haven’t tried 5G as it won’t be in my city until later this year) facebook and messenger never loads. I can’t see my messages, I can’t see anything on my news feed unless Blokada is turned off.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?

Can’t remember when, but at least a few months now. I hardly go on Facebook, mostly messenger, but it does get a bit tedious having to go to my quick toggles just to deactivate Blokada for the two apps to work. The only other social app I use is Snapchat, and it works if Blokada is on or off.

1. Did you already try to solve the issue somehow? If so: please state what you did.

I first searched the forums for any other topics with the similar issue as I’m having, but most of them are just issues I know why and how, but nothing related to with what I’m facing.

Keeping blokada turned off is what fixes the issue. I did try to go see the list if sites that blokada saw while going to Facebook and unblocking some of the sources, but that doesn’t help so I reblocked (I know that’s not a word) the sources and kept blokada off when I use fb and messenger.

I get that some content will have ads from the same source; like how YouTube ads are from the same source as the video. That being said, I know blocking that source will also block the video from playing. But that issue there where the ads are from the same source shouldn’t be app wide with Facebook, right? I get if Facebook does the same thing putting the ads with the same source as the media, but damn they probably managed to do it app wide lol.

Thanks guys!

P.S. here are a couple of screenshots. Thanks again! :blush:

(I’d post another pic here, but I’m a new user, so I can’t!)

Realized I can get very minor notifications from Facebook, not Messenger. I also noticed I can post another media in a reply, so here’s the other screenshot I was going to include in my post.

These screenshots were both done on wifi, but it’s the same on lte, I just don’t want to waste data testing when I’m already within a wifi hotspot. As you can see on top, some of the pictures don’t load, and it’s like that if I scroll down. I think the pictures that do load are cached, and I believemy notificationson the Facebook app are cached as well. Thanks.

Edit: Minor spelling corrections, new information added, x2

Whitelist/allow graph.facebook.com. That should help. If it doesn’t, then the issue might not be with Blokada.

1 Like

That did the trick, thank you so much!

No problemo. It’s a tricky domain because it is involved in a bunch of cross site tracking activity, but if it’s blocked then functionality in official Facebook applications will get crippled. This is why I always recommend alternative Facebook clients (there are a lot of open source ones) or simply logging in through a web browser, or an SSB. About half of the lists you’ll come across do block the domain BTW (including my own), because it is used for pretty nefarious purposes outside of Facebook.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.