Blokada not bloking anything on my device. I have downloaded and installed latest beta and all the applications showing ads. I have enabled all the filters in the list

Already disabled. Not working…

Okay.
Now except blokada from battery “optimization” and grant it always on vpn permission since it’s literally not running anymore in this screenshot if I see that correctly

Since the problem is also happening on iOS this seems to be another problem. Yesterday it worked on all my devices. Today i can’t download any blocking list. There is no battery optimization in iOS like on Android.

Please stick to your post. Do not hijack posts of other devices. They most likely aren’t even remotely related

Okay! This is the exact same error message. Just saying…

No, I have excluded from blokada from battery optimization and the always on vpn is enabled.

no luck…

Try choosing blocklists once again

I also encountered this on my MIUI 12 device. On Blokada 5. What I did was follow the guide, and what worked for me is I:

• Save account number for account recovery.
  • Turned-off blokada VPN.
  • Went to app settings of blokada, and clear all data.
  • Set it to auto-start, allowed storage permission.
  • Opened Blokada, do not turn it on yet, go to Blocklist, enable filters that you like.
  • Restore your account.
  • Finally turn on Blokada’s VPN.
  • Check on canyoublockit or other similar sites.

I have the same problem. Blokada in version 5.4 does not block advertising since a few days. I was wondering if I did something different. The only thing I did: I tried the DNS server of Blokada. Since then the app does not block advertising with other DNS servers. When I switch back to Blokada DNS everything works again. I think version 5.4 has a problem with the DNS? Especially the DNS of Blokada?

Well
This is an entirely different problem though. Not remotely connected to this one discussed here.
Please create your own support post :slight_smile:

Still not working.

I can’t uninstall blokada. After deleting all blokada files and uninstalling the app I’m still greeted with upgraded and my settings? How is that possible?

There’s an option called “Use cloud backup” under “This device”

I know this option. I disabled it before uninstalling. After installing it’s enabled by default and my data is restored. Where does blokada store my ID? I didn’t connect my Google Account with blokada. How can I change my Account ID?

That is because you don’t need to.
It’s a feature of newer android versions. They’ll just backup your settings by default.

I don’t really get this question.
Why would you want to do that?

Anyway: This post is getting messy.
Please create your own post

I found out why Blokada 5.4 is not working: If I use WiFi the data is routed via the blokada VPN (I can see all requests in the activity view) but if I switch to mobile data the vpn is no longer used for Chrome at least. I can see some requests of some apps in the activity view but no, none, zero from Chrome.

I still don’t know what’s the cause of this behavior. Blokada 5.2 works always. Data saver in Chrome is disabled.

Try Blokada V4, I had problems on my Oppo with v5:

Edit: VPN is still connected on mobile data, but not used. I dont have the “always on” and “force” options in VPN. Maybe you changed something related to routing priority or energy optimization?

Post temporarily locked for cleanup