Blokada no longer block twitch ads

Generally, social networks ads (Instagram , Twitter, Facebook, Twitch etc.) and particularly sponsored ads, are served by the same service, hence they can’t be blocked by host/domain blocking, else the whole service would be blocked.

Our general recommendation for these services is to use one of the alternative wrappers for those services (there are plenty) that integrate ad blocking feature. These wrappers identify the ad and remove them from visualization.

Any you have in mind? As I paid for blokada+ and still getting twitch ad’s. I even tried changing my vpn region also.

I told you in advance that they’re not remotely connected. We do not promise twitch adblocking - we never did. Feel free to look for twitch wrappers online, I personally do not use the twitch app and therefore don’t know any wrappers as of right now

Unsure what you mean by “wrappers” on ios.
Anyway, before this app went pay 2 use, it was working as a twitch ad blocker.

For some lucky users that seems to be true. But blokada was never supposed to do so. It’s a host based adblocker. Blocked domains can’t be reached at all, it never inspected and altered traffic. We do not know why it works for some and not for the all because it’s actually expected that it doesn’t work for anyone.
Dns based adblockers should technically not be able to block such ads.
That’s not a bug. That’s a technical limitation of every purely dns based solution.
There’s a 7-day-money-back guarantee. I’ve mentioned that before :slight_smile:

No money back for me unfortunately

I have the same problem on my samsung galaxy s20. Ads on Twitch are not blocked anymore with blokada cloud, but they are when using the blokada app (the same blocklists are enabled for the app and blokada cloud).

Twitch ads use to be blocked using singapore vpn, and the plus edition.
The ad’s are back :frowning: