Blokada is not working on the June's Journey game

Wow! If you haven’t seen any ads, that is amazing! Oh wait, you probably didn’t didn’t try to complete any of the “help wanted task” or activate the energy saver for playing scenes. That is when they make you sit through the ads. The ads don’t randomly pop up throughout the game, you just have to watch them to progress better and save time. I know all of that probably sounds foreign to anyone who doesn’t play and I actually wouldn’t assume that you would play enough to figure all of that out to begin with. I personally haven’t ever played any app games before this and I like to keep down the time that I do spend on playing it so it’s just a matter of preference really. Thanks again though!

4 Likes

For the past two days my blokada all of a sudden stopped working on my android tablet but still works on my iPhone. I did not change any settings prior to this happening. I have followed all the suggestions listed in the help section of blokada with no luck. What else can I try? Usually if this happens I can get it back going again pretty quickly. I REALLY don’t want to have to go back to aggravating ads while I’m trying to relax and play my game. Help!!! Any help would be appreciated

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G (Snapdragon; T-Mobile network).

1 Like

Hello,

Please elaborate what you mean by not working?
What did you try, what happened and what did you expect to happen?
I see the title suggests its about ad-blocking that stopped working and that internet in general works fine, do you see any activity in the activity tab?

Are you on Blokada Plus or Libre?

The thing I use blokada the most for is a game I play. Every time I had to watch an ad blokada would instantly block it for me and I could continue playing without the interruption. All of a sudden the other day blokada wasn’t blocking these ads like it normally does. Every one of them was getting through. I have used both versions of blokada but for the past couple of months I’ve been using Libre or slim. When ads started getting through on my game I opened my blokada account to make sure it was active and checked to see if it was showing any ads that were being blocked. It is active and also says it is blocking ads often. The things I tried were: clearing cache, restarting my device, making sure the setting was set to automatically connect or stay connected to blokada, uninstalling the app then downloading it again, and I even went into the settings to individually block the ads that was showing they were not blocked but that didn’t work either. I have about ten people who play this game with me and we all have been using blokada for about a year now without any problems to really speak of until this week. Now we all have ads that aren’t being blocked anymore. Thank you for replying. I hope I explained everything better than I originally did.

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation.

Unfortunately Blokada can’t block 100% of all ads in all apps and websites, we can’t change visual elements inside an app. Blokada works by blocking the requests that are made in general to prevent apps from reaching advertising and tracking domains.

Please continue the discussion about this game in https://community.blokada.org/t/blokada-is-not-working-on-the-junes-journey-game/

We do not have a solution to this right now

As of late Blokada no longer blocks ads in June’s Journey game as it did before.
I downloaded Blokada from playstore. I use a Samsung Galaxy 10.
I Uninstaller the Blokada app, reinstalled again but the issue continues.
Is this going to get fixed or Blokada no longer can block ads in said game?
It’s useless to me if it cannot block ads for the game. Thanks

Duplicate Blokada is not working for my Android on Jun

I play June’s Journey and Blokada is technically still blocking ads, you just have to wait the 30-34 seconds before you can continue. If you turn off Blokada you have to actually watch the ad. I believe this is something that Wooga has done internal to the game and it looks to me like Blokada can’t do anything about it.

2 Likes

Incredible. Nothing of what he said has anything to do with the issue at hand. He played a whole week and saw no ads? We all know that’s total bs!

Well, time to uninstalled Blokada and hopefully we can find another adblock that works in JJ down the road.

Yup I think wooga found a way to interrupt adblocking.

3 Likes

It’s been doing that countdown. I dunno what’s more aggravating the countdown or the ad honestly. A lot of other adblockers I’ve tested since all this happened do the exact same countdown blocking so nothing extraordinary about Blokada anymore. I pay membership in the blink of an eye if I find one adblocker that works like Blokada did before.

Yup wooga more than likely found a way around it

2 Likes

Two days, not one week. And no ads is shown.
As pointed out by @Junethomas It seems to be a power user feature, getting additional rewards by watching ads after you’re already hooked to the game.

Unfortunately we will have no solution to this anytime soon.

1 Like

Thank you.

Thanks for investigating this!

2 Likes

Blokada hasn’t worked on my JJ game for months on iPad but I found a blocker called Luna which did work. Unfortunately, as at two days ago, that no longer works☹️.
Like you guys, those ads really spoil my enjoyment of the game!

3 Likes

Blokada plus worked fine for this game until the last couple of days. After the game’s server issues were fixed, my Blokada will not work. In fact, I have to turn it off or the game will not load.

3 Likes

The legion of players of June’s Journey have faith that you guys will find a way to block their ads as before. So we wait. Just let us know if we can help in any way as we are proficient with the game. You can contact me thru my email at any time.

It appears that the last update and outages the game has had recently and yesterday has something to do with them changing the IOS to not let Blokada work. All of us gamers that use an ad blocker use yours.

Thank you guys. We believe in you!

2 Likes

My iPhone does the slow countdown and my android is playing ads. Both are aggravating but not life threatening. That’s what I keep trying to tell myself lol. This is all just another example of how greedy wooga has become even though they have a million players bringing in revenue every single day.

1 Like

Yep I would much rather pay a monthly premium than watch ads. My android does the countdown and I prefer it than those stupid ads.

Wooga is not invincible, whatever they did to block Blokada I’m sure it’ll work at some point again. I hope :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I am still hoping the ads in this game will be taken care of soon by your app. You fixed it for iPhone users, but now it’s no longer effective for Android or IPhone users.

1 Like