Blokada for iOS is paid now?

Freedom

Try NextDNS it blocks adds in Twitch and is free . It’s like blokada systemwide blocking apps for FREE

Well I hope you don’t have too many DNS queries, then. NextDNS is limited to 30k queries/month and has the exact same price as Blokada, you know …

3 Likes

That’s never been guaranteed by us to work properly though. :confused: It’s basically luck

I have no trial, otherwise I would try it and if cloud blocked twitch ios ad’s then I would purchase.

1 Like

That’s covered by our 7-day-money-back guarantee

1 Like

Think i’ll wait and see what others have to say for twitch ios ad’s

1 Like

Sure thing, feel free to do so

1 Like

the v5 source code is actually available, and the app can be built from source. Just the app store version has to have a solution that works for all.

Is Blokada Cloud Open Source too? Is self hosting possible?

Not informing users about such a fundamental change makes it a bait-and-switch.

4 Likes

Yeah you’re not. It just sucks that now it isn’t free to use especially since you guys made such a good adblocker

2 Likes

Do you guys ever intend to reimplement the v5 ad blocking back into the app (maybe a toggle switch)? If not, where can i find the v5 ipa?

1 Like

Just check our GitHub

Hi, I am utterly lost. My Blokada worked flawlessly until the new update. Now I can’t activate it (the button does nothing except something orange comes up from the bottom and then disappears) and I come here to find out it’s now paid. I have no idea how much or even how to pay. The app itself doesn’t seem to say “here’s how to make it work, pay X amount, click here, etc…” I can’t even find a way on your website which doesn’t seem to be updated because it says it’s still free. This was handled so poorly but leaving that aside, how do I even pay and how much does it cost?

ETA: I found the cost finally, $5 a month! Not possible, I will have to find another app.

1 Like

That’s plus, not cloud.
Cloud is 1,71€ per month

1 Like

This sounds like a bug. Could you please record a small video or screenshot when this happens?
Then PM me or send it to hello@blokada.org

Will it go back to being free in a couple of months or will it be like this forever

1 Like

Unfortunately, I needed a solution last night so found another app that costs $5 a year and it works fine. Pity, because that’s around $23 US annually which I would probably have paid. For me there was no way to see that. I wish I could help you with my glitch but I already set up the other app in my settings and deleted yours. But I can give you more details. I use an iPad Mini 6 running iOS 15.1. What happened was when you hit the activate button, maybe a cm of orange, just a small bit of bar really, would come up from the bottom and then go down again. I would try to drag it back up with my finger but it would just minimize the app window as it’s the same touch gesture. Hope that can at least help you to reproduce it.

1 Like

There does not seem to be any proper alternative to this new approach due to apple-sided ads framework changes

2 Likes

All i see are releases for Android

That’s a great and realistic idea !

Thank you very much for the advice - we as normal users simply take the source code from blokada v5 and program our own Bokada during lunch break .

Thank you once again for making blokada payware without giving notice in advanced so I can use the source code now and program my own program and implement it in apple AppStore .

What’s easier than get apps in apple AppStore ?

Are you serious mate or are you making fun of us with your comment , it can not be called a advice .

1 Like