Amsterdam server showing Swedish pages

Everytime I surf the web I get Swedish pages because it seems that my Amsterdam server is in Sweden. I’ve had enough so I am contacting you for a resolution. Please look into this.

Hey @Mario_Slasaus,

Thank you for reporting this - does this happen with any other server or just the Amsterdam one?

I don’t get any indication this is happening with another server.

There is no solution and I i don’t feel you have an urgency to correct this matter either. Time to look for a better provider.

Hello,

I’m sorry that some websites are showing in Swedish for you.
The reason is that some geoip databases are unable to distinguish the correct location for this spot and that some websites use this information to set the preferred language.

It was previously raised here:

We use a Swedish ISP also for the gateway in Amsterdam, where geoip databases seem to assume all their IPs are in Sweden, which is not correct.

Preferably the websites should respect the language settings in your browser, the work around would be if you could sign into the problematic websites and configure the preferred language in their system.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.