If you experience problems simply starting up Blokada, you may need to do a few more steps to make it work on your device.
Here are steps you should try if you keep getting failures when trying to activate the app, despite what device you use:
- Remove Blokada’s VPN profile, in your system preferences (search for “VPN”). Sometimes it’s called “forget” or “revoke”. Then, try to activate Blokada again;
- Restart your device (if the first step did not help);
- Clear app data for Blokada in your system preferences.
Update: Samsung has released another update that seems to fix the previous update, however, the Dual Messenger may still interfere. If you did not receive the update yet, try to find it manually in settings:
Settings -> Biometrics and
Security -> Security Update. You may also find it through
Settings -> Software Update.
There is a known bug that Samsung’s August 2020 update brought to their devices if you are using the “restricted user” feature of the system.
If you use, disable Dual Messenger. It seems that still causes issues and prevents to use the
Another way is:
- Make sure you have ADB installed on your PC/notebook. If you don’t have, please refer to this guide: How to Install ADB on Windows, macOS, and Linux
- Make sure you have Blokada for Android v4.8 (for v4 line), or v5.1 (for v5 line), or newer.
- Ensure your phone is connected to your PC/notebook using an USB cable
- Use adb to execute this command once:
adb shell pm grant org.blokada.origin.alarm android.permission.INTERACT_ACROSS_USERS
Now Blokada just activate just fine.
Alternatively, stopping using the “restricted user” feature, and just having one user on your Samsung device, should also help.