Regarding recent F-Droid situation

Hi all, I hope you are well.

In case you haven’t heard, we have recently received a great deal of FUD initiated by a maker of a new competitor app. We have been flagged with F-Droid anti-features of NonFreeNet, and Tracking.

While we agree with the former, since as you all know we do offer a paid VPN in order to be able to support the development of the app, the Tracking flag is just unfair and overblown. We never had any intention to track our users, nor share any information about you with third parties. We’ve been present on F-Droid for several years now, without ever raising any concern. If you have been following our announcements, you may also be aware that our presence on F-Droid was occupied with a non-explainable tardiness from F-Droid in regard to reviewing our update merge requests, causing at least 2-4 week delays for availability of the majority of our update releases. This together with the recent events begs to question F-Droid’s objectivity.

Nevertheless as a gesture of good will, and by still assuming good intentions of the F-Droid maintainers, we decided to make some changes in our implementation, and address the concerns raised. The upcoming release of Blokada 5.12 will include those changes (along with other updates and bugfixes). There is nothing you need to do, and you should not notice any change in behavior of the app.

We hope you appreciate the level of transparency on our side, and hope you keep enjoying Blokada.

14 Likes

i’m just upgraded to the plus version and really enjoying with all the features of this app, and meet what i need regarding my privacy.
i really appreciate the effort of all the dev on this great app.

3 Likes

For future reference: Blokada anti-features: Paid features and trackers (!8536) · Merge requests · F-Droid / Data · GitLab

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.