Do we want 1hosts blocklist?

Someone brought this blocklist to my attention. What do you think guys, would you like to see it in the app? Anyone tried it?

2 Likes

They seem like good lists. Will the host list containing with just wild cards will work in Blokada like this one?

Yes I believe those kind of wildcards are already supported, but I actually haven’t tried this list yet, we will have to see. Good idea though!

2 Likes

heyhey:)
Generally a good idea.
I’d like to bring two points to your attention:
First thing: it makes Facebook unusable. The site describes which domains need to be allowed to work again, but who of our users is going to check the repo of a list they subscribe to?
Second thing: the repo doesn’t mention, which Host lists are included in that Host list, but I assume, that these 100,000 domains are not all collected by badmojr, but also a collection of list merged together with some unique hosts. (Especially, as Ador seems to be involved as well.) I’d like this to be verified first.

Edit: Edited ‘not a bad idea’ to ‘a good idea’

3 Likes

Hi Everyone!! I wanna try 1hosts in Blokada but I am confused to use which file. Shoud I use hosts.txt or domains.txt or wildcards.txt or adblock.txt?

Thanks in advance :smile:

1 Like

Hosts should do :slight_smile:

1 Like