Do we want 1hosts blocklist?

Someone brought this blocklist to my attention. What do you think guys, would you like to see it in the app? Anyone tried it?

2 Likes

They seem like good lists. Will the host list containing with just wild cards will work in Blokada like this one?

Yes I believe those kind of wildcards are already supported, but I actually havenā€™t tried this list yet, we will have to see. Good idea though!

2 Likes

heyhey:)
Generally a good idea.
Iā€™d like to bring two points to your attention:
First thing: it makes Facebook unusable. The site describes which domains need to be allowed to work again, but who of our users is going to check the repo of a list they subscribe to?
Second thing: the repo doesnā€™t mention, which Host lists are included in that Host list, but I assume, that these 100,000 domains are not all collected by badmojr, but also a collection of list merged together with some unique hosts. (Especially, as Ador seems to be involved as well.) Iā€™d like this to be verified first.

Edit: Edited ā€˜not a bad ideaā€™ to ā€˜a good ideaā€™

3 Likes

Hi Everyone!! I wanna try 1hosts in Blokada but I am confused to use which file. Shoud I use hosts.txt or domains.txt or wildcards.txt or adblock.txt?

Thanks in advance :smile:

1 Like

Hosts should do :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey,
Hereā€™s a link containing URLs to a bunch of files used to make 1Hosts blocklists.

Cheers!!

1 Like

Hey:)
Awesome, thatā€™s cool! Sorry, didnā€™t find it. I gotta be picky again. You say itā€™s [quote=ā€œbadmojr, post:7, topic:903ā€]
containing URLs to a bunch of files used to make 1Hosts blocklists
[/quote]. I understand that these are all sources you use. Is that correct:)?

1 Like

Well!
I do use all those files to make the Pro variants.
When it comes to the Complete & mini variants, I cherrypick i.e use only some of the sources and/or domains used in the Pro versions.

Itā€™s dang complexā€¦!

2 Likes

Aha, yeah, I can only imagine how complex it must be:)
So this answers my question every source you use gets listed. For the variants you only use some/parts of those lists. Thank you for the effort you put in:)

My pleasure!

1 Like

Trying it out now. Went full version of the host list where it clearly (now at least) says blokada.

Brings me up to: 214,750 rules (my drop in a few minties)

1 Like

Update: used from above post to about an hour ago Winner I put v5 on my work profile. I forgot that also updated my personal profiles version.

It seemed to work just fine. The rules didnā€™t drop after a few minutes but it also didnā€™t seem to block anything that I didnā€™t want to blocked. And nothing was broken 4o any more significant degree.

I did seem to have an easier time restoring functions of the fancy social media buttons and drop down menus without having to restore as many thingsā€¦that just might be me getting better at it though too

2 Likes

^ bump
blokada.org Competitive Analysis, Marketing Mix and Traffic - Alexa

Yes, it sounds great.

1 Like