Blokada for Android v4.8 released

Hi everyone, a new update is coming out right now.

This is a maintenance update, with further refinement of the advanced adblocking work made by Faedrak (cname adblocking).

If you haven’t tried yet, we have recently added DuckDuckGo Tracker Radar list (generated by us) into the default lists in the app.

Other than that, we fixed various issues. For the changelog, navigate here.

Remember that using Blokada Plus or donating is what makes it possible for us to keep improving the app. Thanks!

Tap to Donate

Tap for more donate options

4 Likes

Good afternoon Karol

Hope you and your family are safe and well.

I have some info, that I hope may be of use for you regarding Android 9 & 10 still killing Blokada

I’m sure you know that a lot of the app killing problems are due to Android 9 & 10 having “Duraspeed” baked into the OS. This program aggressively kills background apps, irrespective of battery management settings and has no menu to access it’s hidden settings to disable it, or exclude apps you want to keep running.

The following app – “Activity Launcher” was recommended in a forum –

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.szalkowski.activitylauncher

This app opens up a Duraspeed activity menu, which reveals a menu, for either excluding apps you want to keep running, or turning the service off altogether. The app is freeware, a collaboration between the 2 of you might be interesting?

I am now using this and have disabled Duraspeed completely, which has made Blokada, and other apps that require running in the background, much more reliable. It’s not perfect, the apps still occasionally close. but it is much, much better, and a step closer to a solution.

It’s made a massive improvement on my Oukitel W6, it could be the full solution for other people with this problem.

Hope this helps m8

Thanks

Simon Carmont

3 Likes

An update 4.8.3 is coming out today. It is a minor update, with fresh blocklists, and the newest translations.

1 Like