Blokada Cloud: Not using Blokada DNS server in personal hotspot (tethering) scenario?

1. Where did you download Blokada from?
    iOS App Store

2. Which device do you use?
    iPhone SE2 (iOS 15.5) + MacBook Pro 2018 (macOS 11.6.7)

3. Please explain the issue as detailed as possible:
    I’m using my iPhone as personal hotspot (tethering) to go online with my MacBook Pro.
    dnsleaktest.com on the iPhone shows that the Blokada Cloud DNS server(s) (via Google) are used as expected.
    But called via the tethered MacBook it shows the DNS server of my LTE provider. So on this route Blokada Cloud is not working.

4. Since when are you facing this issue?
    Since yesterday (= start using Blokada Cloud)

5. Did you already try to solve the issue somehow? If so: please state what you did.
    Restarting iPhone and MacBook - with no effect.

As a workaround I’m using DoH in my browser (MS Edge) but I would prefer using the more comprehensive solution via the iPhone Blokada setup.

Btw. using the Blokada mobileconfig-profile on macOS is not an option because I’m already using Little Snitch.

What other information can I provide to get support?
Or is this the wrong place to get support?

Blokada Plus historically does not work with running a hotspot on a phone meaning traffic will go outside of the VPN.

Blokada Cloud should work fine with hotspots actually but sharing Blokada functionality from the hotspot device itself probably doesn’t work meaning you’d still see you’re ISP’s DNS.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.