Blokada 5 does not use network DNS in home network

Today I set up a special setting in “Networks” for my wifi home network. The network setting is working correctly, since the there defined “Use DNS” is used (instead of the default one from “All networks”). But when I activate the “Prefer network DNS”, the local DNS is not used. Blokada still uses the DNS from “Use DNS”.

1. Where did you download Blokada from?
    Can’t remember
  2. Which device do you use? Do you use a custom ROM? Do you know which OS version you are using?
    Nothing phone (1), Android 14
  3. Please explain the issue as detailed as possible. Also include patterns you observed (like ‘it only happens on wifi’). The more information the better.
    See above
  4. Since when are you facing this issue?
    Since I made the settings
  5. Did you already try to solve the issue somehow? If so: please state what you did.
    Searched Blokada database with no success

Hey @xavreg ,

Thanks for posting, I understand the issue, and I’m curious.

How can you tell which DNS is being used? are you running a DNS test?

If yes, can you share the results here?

I use DNS leak (dnsleaktest.com) to check for the DNS server actually used. And since my local DNS server is a pi-hole I can see from its logs that there are no queries.

Found solution: Android permissions to see position were only granted once (not permanent). So Blokada could not identify the home wifi and did not use the local DNS.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.