It’s a professional question

As a professional and technical personnel (filter advertising direction) , you would like to recommend which way to filter advertising? Which is better? 1. Using an android proxy encryption channel to filter ads (VPN)2. Get Root permission to write to the hosts file on ANDROID TO FILTER AD
thank you

1 Like

in my humble opinion, as an android user too, I would get the second option as this is the most effective way to block ads.
and even without root, if you are already familiar with TWRP recovery, there is an app that can modify hosts file with this app
I hate ads too especially on android, it gets very rude when the ads are everywhere and mostly on the free apps

1 Like

There’s no better or worse.
They’re different approaches to the same issue. If you’re already using a rooted device you may go for root solutions. If you don’t want to do that or your device isn’t rooted your only alternative is to use VPN or DNS based adblocking

To expand the problem, I mean that if the technologist thinks that a VPN or DNS solution is sufficient, then there is no need to get root access to the device, if the technical staff does not think the above solution can completely solve the advertising (I think it should include the system itself embedded ads) users will be given root access to the device, thank you

I just recently aquired a new android… well new to me anyway. What i then discovered is that theyve added more and more tricks to prevent rooting. I dont think users will be given anything since that hurts the almighty dollar. It would take a Really brave company to leave thier bit of control behind. Alot of users are scared of jailbreak/root and dont care for the headache. Sheep.

All solutions use the same blocklists hence block the same content. It doesn’t really matter which approach you choose as long as your devices handles them correctly.
E.g. If your device tends to cut the VPN connection all the time you might want to think about a dns based solution or root. If your device doesn’t offer the private DNS feature you’re automatically drawn towards VPN and/or root based solutions. If you want to use a third party vpn on an unrooted device it’s necessary to consider services like blokada cloud.
No matter what you choose: all approaches use the same blocklists hence block the same content. It all comes down to how well your device works with these.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.