Blokada 5.7 in beta, Blokada 4.10 released

Hi everyone, I hope you are well!

The updates

After the holidays brake, we’re back to our release schedule, and today we are releasing the following updates:

• Blokada 5.7 for Android (beta) → blokada.org (available in beta channel)
  • Blokada 4.10 for Android → blokada.org (available already), F-Droid (sent for review)

Blokada 5.7 (beta)

We are excited to announce the new fetaure: Networks!

Now you can change Blokada settings for each network you connect to (wifi, mobile). This way, you can have Blokada use network-specific DNS addresses on one network, and other DNS on the remaining networks.

This feature will help the folks with troublesome networks, who used to have connectivity problems with custom DNS servers, as well as people who need advanced configuration, similar to the one known in Blokada 4.

Remember that this is beta release and may not function properly. Please report any problems you may be experiencing. A detailed guides on how to use this feature will come later, but for a quick peek, here are some screenshots:

(you can open the detailed status shown above, by tapping on the ads counter text in the Home screen)

Blokada 4.10

We are now stopping the migration update to v5, that has been ongoing for a few weeks. Thanks for everyone who decided able to migrate to Blokada 5, this helps us move forward.

Blokada 4 will now continue receiving updates with new blocklists and fixes.

This release includes two new blocklists: OISD, and Developer Dan’s Hosts.

The recap

Just to recap, if you haven’t been following our announcements closely, here are some shortcuts for the newest cool stuff we introduced:

Finally, as usual we updated the blocklists, and translations. We also made some minor bugfixes. More in the changelog.

Keep the feedback coming, and enjoy using Blokada!

Remember that using Blokada Plus or donating is what makes it possible for us to keep improving the app. Thanks!

Tap to Donate

Tap for more donate options

7 Likes

Any scheduling for v4 missing features? Also, any chance any of the features mentioned here being adopted: A few gripes about 5.5 (and some older, too)

1 Like

I can’t see neither OISD nor Developer Dan’s lists in 4.10; I can see a ‘Blacklist’ list, though.

1 Like

I think you just need to wait, or force sync the list in Adblocking Settings.

re missing features: I’m working on them on by one, based on what is the most requested (we have a thread on the forum with the poll). Now I’m introducing the Networks feature, to address the network DNS issues.

No problem. Cheers, and thx!