Blokada 5 for Android: Beta (finished)

I’ve followed all material design guidelines on Android. It’s all standard Android components, except the big power on button, which is custom made on both platforms. Some parts, like some detail screens, are maybe not following the guidelines precisely, but those are minor issues I’ll be addressing as we go along.

@GreggH

You’re right of course, and the system gives you this control. Search for “backup” in the system preferences. It backups to your google drive, if that’s setup on your device, and that’s standard Android feature existing for years now.

I’ll adapt this in Blokada of course, we’re talking about something implemented a few days ago. For me, the main goal is to preserve user account ID, because we’re getting a lot of users asking to restore their ID since they did not take note of it. The rest of the settings can as well be not backed up I believe. But then, users have been asking for settings backup for years now (literally).

2 Likes

Hi,
On a pocophone f2pro miui12 Android 10, i am finding blockada deactivated each morning. The app is still running on background.app is set to bypass all power management and autostart.

Second point. Is there a widget scheduled like on v4 ans also an Addon to work with tasker.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi, Beta 5 version is not showing User installed apps list in Apps section in Android Beta 11.

screen shot attached.Screenshot_20200901-122425|236x500

2 Likes

The same for me, no user installed apps in installed apps list on my Poco F2 Pro Miui 12.1 android 11 beta

1 Like

Karol…

I know that Android does automatic backups. It offers no control of which apps to backup, but most apps ask if you want to restore the settings, at least, it has been that way for me. I understand that it is new (5.0.9 is the first version to restore settings) and will just have to be careful of it if I need a reinstall.

Gregg in Sackville, NB

1 Like

I understand some Tasker support was added in V4.3, and looking at Automating Blokada's behaviour with Tasker Blokada should show up a Tasker Plugin.
Is this function implemented in the current beta? I cannot find it in Tasker

(Pocophone F2 Pro, Miui 12, Android 10)

1 Like

V5.0.9 Activity list view opens but blank content with Show All, Blocked, or Allowed.

I need to allow a Zendesk subdomain that is blocked. URL opens my support ticket update (for a different app, (not Blokada).

Testing update: Blokada 5.0.9 becomes “inactive” when the phone is not being used for a long time for example at night and during work time.

By “inactive” I mean that the large button in the app says active but it does not block anything at the hostlist and DNS level. I have also reproduced this couple of times.

One peculiar thing I noticed today was it became active automatically after some time of using the phone. Previously I used to manually turn off and on.

This same problem persisted in v4.7.3 and v4.8.

I am on Android, MIUI 12.
Battery optimization is turned off, Always on VPN and autostart are ON.

My guess is MIUI 12 is causing the problem.

1 Like

@Auldjohn the activity list will populate once you leave the app and come back to it again
@ashubuntu when you notice this next time, share log to hello@blokada.org

1 Like

Hi, first of all i would like to thank the devs for this app. Now i want to ask if there’s a plan to add ‘import/export settings’ feature in future? And also i see blokada app size is growing in beta builds, hope the app doesn’t get heavy and take a toll on system, cause v4 builds are very small in size and doesn’t affect system performance. Thnx

1 Like

Testing Beta 5.0.10 now. After an hour’s use, looks good so far! Thanks for the opportunity to test this newest beta, @Karol. :mask:

1 Like

The recent version of the Beta 5 works perfectly fine. I was wondering if you could add the option for us to also add our own host lists & Widgets just like in the previous versions of Blokada. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello and welcome to our community,
This functionality will be added sooner or later :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi !!
I have Samsung galaxy A50 (android 10, One UI 2.0), and after today’s monthly update, blokada stopped working. I have never had a problem before (blokada 4 or blokada 5)

2 Likes

Hello,
Please try the following:

5 Likes

I have the same problem with miui12. I cleaned data and uninstalled previous version 5.0.9. After clean install 5.0.10 problem still persists. During the night blokada becomes inactive.

1 Like

Any MIUI folks, send me logs to hello@blokada.org when you notice the app becomes inactive!

2 Likes

So far, 5.0.11 has exhibited none of the behavioral problem of 5.0.9. Good job, Karol. Not close to anything major, however, one thing I miss from the 4 series is the ability to rest the count of ads blocked. As I said, not a big deal, but it would be nice to be able to reset the count to more easily determine the number of ads blocked in a day or week, rather than since day one of use.

2 Likes

Make sure to check your private DNS settings.
The miui update tends to mess with them

1 Like

Can you add anudeepND blacklist in blokada 5, in next update we can get anudeepND blacklist

1 Like